Given the very personal nature of Family Law and related matters, our staff at Connor Hunter, are committed to providing you with confidential and supportive advice, during a confusing and often emotional time.
We welcome all new clients who:
- have separated from their current partner;
- may be considering separation;
- are entering into a new relationship and wish to protect their assets from potential claims in the event of a separation;
- are a grandparent, relative or friend who is concerned about the welfare of children subject to family law proceedings and wish to know their rights and options;
- are a third party (business partner, relative, friend, creditor) who is affected financially by separated parties who wishes to know their rights and options.
Our Family Law services include assistance in the following areas:
- Consent Orders
- Property Settlement
- Defacto Property Settlement (including same-sex relationships)
- Spousal Maintenance
- Financial Agreements (Pre-nuptial, during a relationship/marriage, post separation)
- Children’s Matters (including general arrangements, recovery orders, relocation orders)
- Child Support (including parentage (DNA) testing and private child support orders and agreements)
- Personal Safety and Domestic Violence
Our experienced family lawyers aim to avoid the use of court proceedings where possible by using effective negotiation and dispute resolution techniques. We understand that family law proceedings are a stressful and emotional time for our clients and we assist them through this process by providing them with empathetic, practical and realistic options and advice in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Our professional and experienced staff recognise that no relationship dispute is the same and are more than prepared to stand up for your rights in situations where it is apparent, that dispute resolution will not be effective.
Where it is necessary for court proceedings to be initiated on your behalf you will have all of your options explained to you and you will be supported by one of our experienced lawyers throughout the entire court process. We are also happy to work with other professionals such as accountants, barristers, psychologists, counsellors and financial planners, upon your authority to do so, to ensure that your journey through the family law process is done with the most effective level of support and advice that you may require.
If you have an urgent concern for your personal safety, you should contact the police by dialing 000.
With convenient on-site parking, please Contact us to make an appointment.